Discovering Yukon Spring
Sunday – March 30, April 7 & 14, 2013 – $160. pp +gst
This full day tour includes a guided interpretative hike of the Yukon Wildlife Preserve where you will see northern mammals and migrating birds. After a campfire lunch at the Takhini Valley Retreat Centre, you can relax with a soak/swim in the natural mineral waters of Takhini Hot Springs. A city tour of Whitehorse with walks to explore the trails enjoyed by local folks.
- Level of Activity: Easy to moderate – walking on uneven terrain
- Special Clothing: Bathing suit, towel, flip-flops or crocs for the change room. All these may be rented at the Hot Springs. Waterproof walking/hiking boots; layered clothing including windproof jacket; hat & mitts/gloves.
- Length of Tour: 8½ hours; pick-up at hotels at 9:15 am
- Food Service: Lunch and snack breaks
- Minimum: 4 guests
Tentative program – all components will be included – scheduling may vary.
- 9:15 -depart hotel for Yukon Wildlife Preserve
- 10:00 – guided walk of Wildlife Preserve – animal and bird interpretation
- 11:00 – juice and snack break enroute
- 12:30 – shuttle to Takhini Valley Retreat Centre for campfire lunch
- 1:45 – soak at Takhini Hot Springs
- 2:45 – walk to Bean North – coffee – snack
- 3:00 -depart Takhini Valley for Whitehorse city hiking tour
- 3:30 – arrive Whitehorse – city tour with added walks.
From Fish Ladder walk across the pedestrian bridge through Robert Service campground to eagle’s nest on Millennium trail,Walk down Miles Canyon Rd to Canyon bridge and then back to highway
- 6:00 – drop at hotels